When you consider a link building campaign, you may not be completely reaping the benefits of your SEO efforts if you ignore technical SEO.
The best results happen when you consider all the points of your website’s SEO:
- Technical SEO.
In fact, there are situations when you must tackle technical SEO before ever thinking about getting links.
If your website is weak in technical SEO areas, or extremely confusing for search engines, it won’t perform as well regardless of the quality and quantity of backlinks you have.
Your top goals with technical SEO is to make sure that your site is:
- Easily crawled by search engines.
- Has top cross-platform compatibility.
- Loads quickly on both desktop and mobile.
- Employs efficient implementation of WordPress plugins.
- Does not have any issues with misconfigured Google Analytics code.
These five points illustrate why it’s important to tackle technical SEO before link building.
If your site is unable to be crawled or is otherwise deficient in technical SEO best practices, you may suffer from poor site performance.
The following chapter discusses why and how you should be tackling technical SEO before starting a link building campaign. – Read more