In 2019, SEO content will be all about the audience.
If you’re looking to improve your content marketing and see real ROI, you have to use practices that will really benefit them.
Content that’s highly ranked, that drives traffic and leads is always user-focused, first and foremost.
That’s why today’s tips for SEO content in 2019 all point back to your reader, A.K.A. the V.I.P. and M.V.P. you need to know and understand to get it right.
Because, when you write to the right people in the right way, your writing and content will climb higher.
9 Keys for Creating Your Best SEO Content in 2019
Here are my nine top tips for helping you create your best (most-read, most-shared, and most valuable) content this year and beyond.
1. Write to the Right People with Targeted Keywords
Your SEO content won’t reach the right people if you fail to optimize it with targeted keywords.
What do I mean by “targeted keywords”?
These are key terms and phrases for which your audience niche is actively searching.
To find these terms, you must first understand:
- Who your audience segments are.
- What kind of information they need.
- Why they need that information.
- Which keywords they’re using to find it.
This may seem like a lot, but it really isn’t if you break it down into a few activities:
- Audience research: Identify the type of audience you think wants/needs what you offer. Then, go find where they congregate online. Talk to them. Survey them. Figure out their personal habits, preferences, demographics, and stats. (Marketing Land has a good guide on this process.)
- Keyword research: Find relevant, profitable keywords that relate to your expertise, your products/services, and your audience’s search intent.
- Topic research: Come up with content topics based on the targeted keywords you discovered and what your audience wants to learn/know. – Read more