Video marketing is expanding every day. According to HubSpot, 78% of people watch online videos every week, and 55% view online videos every day. And they’re NOT watching cute kid videos. Shoppers who view demo videos are 1.81 times more likely to make a purchase than non-viewers. (Adobe)
So, enough with the stats, to rock your video marketing, implement these tips:
- Video isn’t just for social media, add video to your landing pages and you’ll increase your ROI exponentially.
- Always transcribe videos so you can post the words with the video to improve SEO. Don’t forget to post to your blog!
- Video idea: Ask customers to submit videos about what they love about your product or service. User Generated Content (UGC) is POWERUL! As many as 64% of consumers will seek a review of a product or service before buying.
- When you go to live events, take the time to record some of the action. You can even go “live” on Facebook.
- Create a short Gif of parts of your videos that could go viral. It’s kind of like a meme but with action. These are easy with free online software (just Google to find one that will work for you.)
- When it comes to video don’t focus on perfection, focus on doing it. There is a place for all levels and types of video. No one is perfect out of the gate.
- The length of your video depends on what is needed to cover the content. The tried and true content tip applies to video: Content should be short enough to get your audiences’ attention and long enough to cover the essentials.
- Don’t forget to include calls to action in your videos whether it’s to visit your website, read the description below, or buy something. You have to tell people what to do in a video too.
- Before you begin using video marketing, take the time to craft a video marketing strategy based on your business’s objectives.
- If you’re not sure what video to create first, focus on your brand’s story or just tell what problems you solve for your audience.
- It might be tempting to make videos that only show your product or services but not people. People are important in the video so it’s imperative that you put people in and if you are your brand then you need to be in your videos.
- Nothing is done without looking at the data. When you start your video marketing, remember to monitor the results and focus on engagement over clicks.